General Terms and Conditions (GTC)
General Terms and Conditions (GTC) of the sole proprietorship ship-it
These GTC apply to all services provided by the individual company ship-it, hereinafter referred to as ship-it for short. Ship-it provides all services exclusively on the basis of these GTC. Conflicting terms and conditions or terms and conditions deviating from these GTC shall not be recognized unless their validity is expressly agreed.
In order to use the service of the company ship-it, registration is required. The registration is free of charge and non-binding. The data provided there must be correct and complete, as well as kept up to date, in order to be able to guarantee a smooth running of the service.
III. Legal situation
(1) The individual contract concluded between ship-it, insofar as it does not receive any conflicting rules, and these GTC shall apply. Furthermore, the regulations of the Commercial Code shall apply. For cross-border transports, the provisions of the CMR (Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road), the Montreal Convention or the Warsaw Convention, as amended from time to time, shall apply, if applicable.
(2) The Italian General Forwarding Conditions are not included in this contract.
(1) ship-it shall be effectively commissioned by the customer as soon as ship-it has received a shipment. The current prices and services can be viewed on the website.
(2) The company ship-it does not guarantee the availability of the service.
(3) The company ship-it only offers several delivery addresses, never one billing address.
(4) The company ship-it offers several service points in South Tyrol
(5) The company ship-it offers parcel shipping from South Tyrol to all of Europe.
V. Principal / Authorization
(1) The customer, and thus also the invoice recipient, may be either the sender or the recipient. Orders on third-party account are possible in individual cases and by individual agreement upon presentation of a corresponding power of attorney. The customer has the payment options published on the website.
(2) By his registration, the customer instructs and authorizes ship-it to inspect all parcels and other shipments and goods intended for him on his behalf for externally visible damage before acceptance, to sign for and accept them, and to notify him. Furthermore, the power of attorney includes the authority of ship-it to store the shipments until further notice. These services are subject to a charge for the recipient and shall be invoiced by ship-it in accordance with the currently valid overview of prices and services.
VI. Preparation for further transport
The provision for further transport of your shipment is usually the next 0 - 5 working days after receipt of payment. However, no guarantee can be given for this time period. Liability for damages resulting from delays is excluded.
VII. Exclusion of liability and carriage
(1) ship-it shall not be obligated to inspect or carry out measures to preserve or improve the goods or their packaging.
(2) Impediments to performance that are not attributable to ship-it's sphere of risk shall release ship-it from the obligations whose fulfillment has become impossible due to them for the duration of their duration.
(3) Any transport services can be refused by ship-it without further indication of reasons. The customer himself has to pack the package in such a way that it is protected against damage in the best possible way. In particular, the following transport services shall not be performed and there shall be an exclusion of liability for the following goods:
a) defectively packed goods or such packages that require special careful handling;
b) dangerous goods of all kinds, in particular firearms and essential parts of firearms within the meaning of the Weapons Act and ammunition;
c) illegal goods of any kind, especially drugs;
d) packages, the content of which exceeds a value of 600,00 €;
e) perishable and temperature-controlled goods;
f) live animals;
g) documents of monetary value (e.g. securities, bills of exchange, savings books);
(4) ship-it shall only be liable for damage caused by a package loss while the package is in the care of ship-it. ship-it shall not be liable for damage in transit or concealed damage. Otherwise, ship-it shall not be liable for the completeness and integrity of the contents. The parcel service provider commissioned by ship-it shall be exclusively liable for damage or concealed damage.
(5) ship-it shall not be liable for consequential damages and costs such as purely economic losses, loss of profits, loss of earnings or sales, expenses of substitute measures as well as damages caused by delays.
(6) In the event of package loss, compensation shall be limited to the current value of the goods.
(7) In the event of intent and gross negligence, ship-it shall be liable in accordance with the statutory provisions.
(8) ship-it can only be liable for packages that were also addressed to ship-it.
(9) ship-it cooperates with the following shipping companies: GLS Italia, DPD Austria, Austrian Post. If goods are handed over to the above-mentioned forwarding companies, they shall also be liable and in no case the company ship-it.
(10) ship-it is not liable for damages or delivery problems of the deliverers in Germany, Austria & Italy.
(11) All service points that contractually cooperate with ship-it shall not be liable for the content of or damage to the goods.
VIII. Severability Clause
If a provision of this contract proves to be invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the other agreements. In place of the invalid clause, the parties shall be deemed to have agreed on a legally valid clause which, in a legally permissible manner, comes as close as possible in economic terms to what the parties to the contract intended with the invalid clause. The parties are obliged to confirm the content of such a replacement clause at the request of the other party.
The place of jurisdiction is Bolzano